Sunday, March 05, 2006

Outside the Jumeirah Mosque

Image hosting by Photobucket

I admit I fell asleep whilst the bus was making its way around skyscraper after skyscraper and construction project after construction project.

The next thing I knew, the guide was talking about palaces, and peacocks were scattered by the roadside.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Then it was time to admire more skyscrapers, construction projects, and 5-star hotels I'll never afford to stay in.

But next stop, the Dubai Museum. You can tell I was excited. The entrance was filled with reconstructed boats and houses from the past; the main part of the museum contained lots of information boards, exhibits and wax figures. Then, to my delight, we entered the archaeological section with lots of displays of old jewellery, pottery and even skeletons! (I took tons of pictures but there's not enough space for all)

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

After which we entered the gorgeous marina with its equally gorgeous marina-front properties.

*turns green with envy*

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

And soon enough the Burj Al Arab had appeared in the horizon...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Then the bus drew to a stop in front of one of the nicest beaches I have ever seen.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Gah. Haven't seen such a nice beach since South Africa.

Anyway, as you can see the beach was so enchanting, we kind of forgot about the Burj Al Arab looming over at the side. In fact, we were so engrossed with the water that the driver had to horn at us to get back!