Seat 41D of EK 432, en route to Singapore
Emirates likes me - they gave me another aisle seat!We were the last up the bus today! Haha.
Not only did we oversleep, but when I was surveying my wonderful packing proudly, I turned to put on my sneakers...and realised I hadn't yet packed my formal shoes! And I had absolutely no space left!
I finally left the room with a bulging backpack after a member of the staff had come knocking on our door. :P
A short ride to the airport later, we checked in our luggage and were allowed about 45 to 50 min of shopping time at the duty free finally.
...Except we had yet to get past passport control and the scanners.
Which took one hell of a long time, particularly where passport control was concerned. And I got beeped at the stupid scanners!
But once I was cleared (gingerly stepped under the walkway again), I sped off down the long route to the duty free area. Less than 15 min left!
It was like the Mall of the Emirates (sniffsniff) once again. I couldn't find anymore chocolate-coated dates (and wasted quite some time searching), so I headed for the gifts display instead. The only small stuffed toy around was a little camel which growls when you press its hump (13 Dhs), so I took it and selected four other postcards.
Then I raced towards the escalator - and found out there was a bigger gift shop with more stuffed toys inside!
I saw some students inside so decided it was okay to spend some time there. Found a rack of cuddly teddy bears wearing "I Love Dubai" T-shirts (18 Dhs).

Then it was really time to leave. I had a little problem finding the gate (didn't realise they ran in alternate numbers and had to backtrack half the length of a travellator). Turned out I was one of the earliest (sheesh!) so I had time to repack the packages in my backpack with my new shopping bags.

Then I still had time, so I listed down my latest purchases. After that our whole group got up and headed for the counter.


<< Home